PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT (“PICS”)
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
- to put in place appropriate physical and electronic measures, policies and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or loss;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required;
- to only permit authorised personnel, who are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal data, to access to the personal data on a “need-to-know” basis; and
- not to divulge, reveal or otherwise disclose the personal data to any external parties (except to our employees, professional advisors, subcontractors of database management, agents and business partners in Mainland China, Hong Kong (China) or overseas), unless web-users have agreed, or we are required by the laws and regulations of the Stock Exchange or the court orders or the directions of governmental body or regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction.
We treat all personal data collected in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (as amended from time-to-time). This Ordinance controls personal information collected and held by both public and private bodies and applies to automated and non-automated data, which can be reviewed at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data website at:
For web-users, this PICS applies only to this website. Wherever we link to other sites not covered by this PICS, we will endeavor to title links appropriately so the users are aware that they are being forwarded to a third-party site.
Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of Hong Kong (such as due to our carrying out of operational functions outside of Hong Kong), this PICS shall apply so far as it is consistent with such local legislation.
We may be required to change this PICS from time-to-time, so we recommend checking it occasionally. Any amendments to this PICS will continue to be in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (as amended from time-to-time). In case of any inconsistency between the English and the Chinese versions of this PICS, the English version shall prevail.
2. Purposes of collection of personal data
We collect personal data from web-users through this website. “Personal data” refers to any personally identifying information or sensitive data (such as name, company name, job title, phone number, residential/e-mail address, facsimile number, opinions and inquiries) from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained.
We may maintain log files recording visitors' below information:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of visit;
- the webpage accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser being used.
The log files provide us with statistical information on how people use the site and what content people are viewing. They do not contain any personal information and they are not used to identify any individual patterns of use of the site.
Web-users who are under the age of 16 must consult with their parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
We have a legal duty to protect any information collected. We endeavor to use technologies and encryption software to safeguard the personal data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
3. Purpose of Using Personal Data
The purposes for which we may use web-users’ personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, it will be marked as “Required” in our data provision columns, and web-users MUST provide his/her personal data to us upon making an inquiry. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to web-users’ choice of whether to provide so or not.
- Purposes for collecting obligatory personal data include:
1. processing web-users’ requests for services or activities provided by us;
2. responding to inquiries and/or comments, requests or complaints;
3. contacting web-users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to web-users’ use of the website and/or the services offered by us;
4. prevention or detection of crime;
5. verifying the identity of web-users;
6. any other purposes to which web-users have given consent or which required by relevant laws or regulations; and
7. implementing any other purposes relating to the above.
- Purposes for collecting voluntary personal data include:
1. to conduct market research and analysis to better understand our web-users, so as to enable us to provide services better tailored to web-users’ needs;
2. to conduct business planning, such as service design and continuous improvement in services for web-users;
3. to communicate to web-users our latest information;
4. monitoring the use of our website to help its further development and improvement; and
5. implementing any other purposes relating to the above.
4. Rights to opt-out, access and correction
Additionally, web-users may at any time contact us using the details below to request access to and/or correct his/her personal data in our records. We will respond to such requests within 40 days and have the right to charge a reasonable fee for doing so, in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). Web-users will be expected to provide proof of identity. Insofar as the law permits, however, we reserve the right to refuse to provide web-users with information. In this eventuality, we will provide the reasons for refusal.
5. How to contact us
This PICS applies to all web-users, which may be updated and revised from time-to-time without prior notice. We will, however, post the most updated version on our website. Should web-users have any questions or concerns about this PICS, or wish to access or correct his/her personal data or choose not to receive any promotional materials, please contact our Head of Hong Kong Office at:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Post: Bosideng International Holdings Limited
Unit 5709, 57/F., The Center
99 Queen’s Road Central
Central, Hong Kong
6. Retention/Security of Data
We shall keep web-users’ personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes. Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
If web-users provide personal data via facsimile, e-mail or completing an on-line inquiry, please be aware that there may be risks in transmitting such information on the Internet. We have secured our website using industry standard technology, and all on-line personal data is stored behind industry standard firewalls and where applicable, protected by user name and password. However, we cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of web-users’ personal data, and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet. In this regard, we urge web-users to take every precaution to protect his/her personal data while he/she is on the Internet.
We shall not adopt any Commonwealth identifier (e.g. Medicare number or a Tax File Number) as a means of identifying any personal information that we may have collected about an individual.